Monday, May 16, 2005

summer reading list

it's summertime and school's out (1 A, 1 B)! let lazy summer days begin! although, today i'm improving the following: my finances, my weight, my closet. ambitious, i know, but whenever i finish school for the semester, i run out of excuses for months of procrastination. so here we are, it's may and i have several things to accomplish before summer's end. but when i'm not working on the above, i'll be reading and relaxing! here's my summer reading list so far:
the money book for the young, fabulous and broke (suze orman) - thanks mom!
anna karenina (tolstoy)
finish the fountainhead (ayn rand)
harry potter the order of the phoenix (no! i haven't read it yet...)
any other good suggestions? i have a taste for fiction (that non-fiction book is a major anomaly for me), usually chick lit or other fluffy types, with the occasional scholarly type book (enter tolstoy and rand). i also have a few new poetry books to peruse and need to spend more time writing poetry. there's another poetry slam, this time at the underground :) they said maybe they'll be a better turnout with beer. i'm going, but don't know if i'll read...it's on the 27th if you feel like a random dose of semi-literature ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this isn't really a reading suggestion, but I found it relevant :) I just saw that they made a movie based on the book Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites is "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving. I even know someone who can lend you a copy.