Tuesday, December 20, 2005

oh there's no place like home...

...for the holidays :) only a night's sleep, 8-10 hours of work, a 5 hour drive, and 6 hours of airline travel stand between me and my arizona! :) if you've read my love poems to arizona, you know how i feel about this. in fact, even if you haven't! today i am struggling with an urge to pack for my trip, pack my apartment, and tie up wedding loose ends that remain (ahem, invites). but instead, i'm blogging. shhh... don't tell anyone.
here's a poem for your holidays, i'm off to do something productive!
ps: i saw pride and prejudice and loved it! mmm....mr. darcy.

Christmas Dinner by Kenn Nesbitt

Fruitcake.
Candied yams.
Mincemeat.
Roasted hams.
Eggnog.
Turkey legs.
Aspic.
Deviled eggs.
Gravy.
Dinner rolls.
Take some.
Pass the bowls.
Jell-O.
Christmas punch.
Cookies.
Munch, munch, munch.
Stuffing.
Gingerbread.
Whoops, I’m
overfed!
After
such a load,
feel like
I’ll explode.
Guess I’m
gonna die,
so please
pass the pie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bri you are right there is no place like home and my fellng is there is no great Christmas with out our grandaughters we love you and miss you gram