Monday, February 11, 2008

an american blogger in paris!

so i got off to a bit of a rough start (lots of work and food poisoning- blech!) but it's only been better from there :) alicia and i had time to explore paris this weekend and loved it. we're also getting better at swinging around on public transport (metro around paris, larger trains to head back to where we're staying, and catching various buses to and around work on a daily basis). we've also learned how to order coffee, pastries, and water - and we've gotten pretty adept at pointing :) words like bonjour, merci, parlez vous anglais?, sil vous plait are all coming in very handy!

and the food poisoning? that was courtesy of a tasty creamy scallop/shrimp dish i had one of my first evenings here. but i'm back to normal and had some wonderful triage support from nathan and my mom :) when you're up at 4 a.m. it's kind of nice to have people that are 6-8 hours behind you!

i think nate was pretty worried about me the first few days here, he stayed up every night until 1 a.m. so that he could call me in the morning before i left for work :) it was wonderful to hear his voice when starting my workday so far away. i've been enjoying my time here, but i'm really excited to be home again!

guess what else? there are french bulldogs everywhere! i've probably seen close to 10 walking around the streets of paris. makes me miss cleo even more :)

i'll post more later about our weekend travels, but for now, here's my favorite picture so far:


ps: did you know the french use a different keyboard? no QWERTY for them! it's AZERTY and impossible for me to use effectively- luckily i have my own ;)

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Beautiful photo, Bri. We missed you in the Burgh!