Thursday, May 5, 2005

happy cinco de mayo!

litte known fact, cinco de mayo is NOT mexican independence day. i've got a stick of gum and lifelong admiration waiting for anyone who can tell me what it actually is ;) in other news, the life of my favorite shoes, the rocket dogs, is coming to a close. that's right, everyone's favorite pair of industrial grip platform mary jane's has entered the sunset of its life. e-bay can't console me. my only hope is to find some insoles that patch things up and extend their wear!
i also have a final today. yip yip yippee! not really though. it's on quality control. i have news for him, quality is not in control. period. that's going to be my answer to every question. okay maybe not every question. point is, i'm hightailing it out of here asap, heading home to change, starbuck's for a recharge, then to campus to study up until my test at 7.
THEN it's downtown charlie brown!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bri - I hope that I can claim the stick of gum and lifelong admiration seeing as how I was the person who told you that Cinco de Mayo was not the Mexican Independence Day. For your loyal readers, I have included the description of why Cinco de Mayo is celebrated below. In case I can't lay claim to the prize, I may need to search elsewhere for gum and admiration. - ni

"The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexicans over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862. ... It is not, as many people think, Mexico's Independence Day, which is actually September 16." borrowed from www. mexonline.com

Unknown said...

hmmmm... okay then :) stick of gum and admiration is all yours!

Anonymous said...

MARGARITAS!!
THEY WERE YUMMY!
THAT'S ALL I HAVE TO SAY...CM

Anonymous said...

correct, independence day is septiembre 16th. (that means september 16th in english). I say we take a trip to Juarez for independence day. everyone goes crazy and yells !viva la mexico!