Monday, June 14, 2010

which came first, the chicken or the egg?

so we've never painted in our bedroom since we've lived here.  we bought a cool painting when we were in apalachicola in may and my plan was to decorate the room based on the painting.  but then tonight i found a duvet cover i really like, and it DEFINITELY does not go with the duvet (which i didn't realize until i saw them together).

exhibit a:

but i REALLY like both... so should i... keep the duvet?  or keep the painting above the bed?  the painting can definitely be moved to another room.  or would i be better off with a solid duvet and a bright wall color?

help me!  duvet??


or painting??


what do you think?

ps:  there is a chance, and probably a likely one, that nate will show up and say "that duvet is ugly!" and then i suppose the decision will be made!  it's his room too after all...maybe he'll help break the tie :)

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I actually think they can go together.....I like both!

Laura said...

I like them both. Such a hard one! Hmmmm. I love the duvet, but the picture fits perfectly in that spot too. Sorry. I can't help you out.

Where would you put the picture if you didn't use it in the bedroom?

drew said...

Is this where the magic happens?