Monday, February 12, 2007

just call me inspector gadget!

so for nate’s birthday, my mom got nate a pair of heart rate monitors, one for him and one for me (mine’s pink!) she had given my stepdad one for christmas (she had one already) and they kept track while we went hiking and other various activities. i admit, i didn’t understand what the fuss was about or how it could be a motivator, but it really is!
to try them out, nate and i headed out on the bike trail yesterday- what a gorgeous day it was for biking too! we strapped up, and headed out. my bike is now accessorized with the following: headlight and tail light, pink streamers, bell, mileage computer, and now the heart rate monitor on my wrist. seriously. so anyway, the monitor knows when i’m working too hard, not hard enough, or just right! and beeps accordingly. i lovingly refer to it as the little beeotch on my wrist. we rode 14 miles and i burned 820 calories! stats like that appeal to the industrial engineer in me, i’m hooked ;)

No comments: