Tuesday, August 23, 2005

what an extra couple of dollars will get you

so yesterday, i headed to vintage cellar to purchase a bottle of wine for a friend of nate's. when i found the particular one i was looking for, it was one or two dollars more than i can buy it for at kroger, two doors down. i put it back on the shelf and was about to head to kroger when i thought, eh, no big deal, i'll just buy it since i'm already here.
turns out, they happily gift wrapped my bottle of wine in all it's glory :) so my extra two dollars was well worth the personal touch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is great service! I may have to start making vintage cellar my first choice for wine.

I tend to buy my wine at Kroger because of the convenience. I'm usually grocery shopping at the same time and don't feel like making another stop to buy wine. In addition to their decent selection and low prices, the guy in charge of Kroger's wine section is helpful.

However, it is nice to have a local business with a knowledgeable and friendly staff like the Vintage Cellar. That being said, I'll try to shop at VC whenever I can. - ni