Thursday, June 16, 2005

when in rome...

nate arrives in rome today. i'm jealous! but i'm living vicariously through him: i have a little paper route of his trip, i have several coffee table books of italy to page through, and my windows desktop is a lovely picture of venice. it's as if i'm there instead of in blacksburg watering his plants! :)
not that there's anything wrong with that, especially lately! it's been warm and beautiful here in southwest virginia. yesterday evening as i was driving home on main street, the sun was setting and banners for the lyric touting 75 years were waving, i thought what a wonderful oasis blacksburg is :) this surprising burst of music, organics, education, etc. lastnight i got the grand tour of a friend's new beautiful house and had a glass of wine at boudreaux's with cassie and a friend of hers. then cassie and i headed off to the grocery store. i like grocery shopping fairly late at night. not sure why, especially since by then, the bakery, deli, meat counter, etc. are all closed. may have something to do with a danielle steel novel i read once where the couple of interest meets in the grocery store ;)
tuesday night i sat on the couch to watch a movie with cassie and i don't think i even made it 10 minutes. i finally drug myself off the couch at 10 pm, stumbled into the kitchen to eat 1/2 a cold leftover enchilada, and went straight to bed! which brings me to my next subject: i am yet again on a diet. stay tuned to see if i make it this time. you know what they say, if it first you do not fricassee, fry fry again!

2 comments:

Rex said...

Nice Pun :) And check out your link on my Blog :)

worldofrex.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

buona sera,

What a great day in Rome. The weather is beautiful! Spent the morning tourning the Vatican. I felt like a cow being herded, but it was amazing. The afternoon was spent roaming the streets and piazzas of Rome. All that I can say is that the U.S. should learn something from Italy...so many people walk and spend time outside. You can even share a bottle of wine in any park! What a great day. Glen, Suzie, Nick, and I made friends with a restaurant owner...two bottles of wine later he was giving us free glasses of other wine and sharing a shot with us! Needless to say, so far I am enjoying myself! I hope you are well in Blacksburg. I wish that you were here with me. :)

Nate