Tuesday, May 3, 2005

nashville carried me away ;)

which is to say i got carried away in nashville and under the slight influence of a bit of alcohol purchased a beautiful pair of cowboy (girl) boots and a hat to match!
other highlights? krystallll on the drive down, dinner at las palmas (fantastic chimis..mmmm) on friday night and some POURING rain to boot (no pun intended), some fantastic omelettes for breakfast made by none other than our host, then the parthenon (full size replica!), then some fantastic bbq at jack's, then some great honky tonk at open mic night, then home to change, then to the mall for aforementioned boots and hat, then to another fantastic dinner, and then to back to broadway for more music and entertainment :)
overall, it was a great weekend :) i think my favorite part about nashville is how many people are trying to make it as stars- made me excited for them when watching them play- at one point, even our bartender got up and sang a song :)
my only complaint is nashville apparently doesn't qualify to have a coffee mug to call their own- music city? c'mon starbucks, have a heart!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great in your boots and hat. Well worth the inebriated spending spree! ;)

ML said...

I loved your boots. I was so excited to find that Rex had added you back to his links...I mean I've secretly stalked you for so long and now that I know you it is even better to read your blog. Thanks for coming out and painting the town red with us last weekend!!

Unknown said...

i didn't even know i'd been added back :) that is exciting! and i had a great time in nashville too :) you looked great in my hat!

Rex said...

WOHOO!!! Bri's on the bolg link :) I had been slacking in the blog linking, but ever since I decided to go daily again, I did a little update. Good to see you this past weekend, you want to run VA Beach???